Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If I Submit A Family Court Motion For A Copy Of The Court Audio Recording Vs The Doctored Transcript, Does Case Law Supports It?

Q: After a preliminary hearing last month to secure a temporary order of protection for my teenage daughter, I ordered the official transcript. But the transcript came back tampered with in at least two or three places. In one place, an inappropriate comment made by the law guardian was eliminated. In another place, sentiments in support of the law guardian that I did not say were inserted in place of what I did say. And in a third place, the judge's words were modified to conflict with her signed TOP. I know it's not customary that the transcript is questioned and someone asks for a copy of the audio recording, but this case requires it. What would be the name of the motion and is there any case law to support it?

A: David's Answer: You would file a motion for settlement of transcripts. And yes, there is caselaw supporting a motion to correct a transcript with proposed changes. If the preliminary hearing was a tape (as opposed to a stenographer), the Judge would then generally listen to the tape itself to determine if the proposed changes should be ordered. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions