Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I Received Family Court Papers Of Order Of Violation Through The Mail By My Ex-wife Is This Legal? I

Q: Family Court order of violation through the mail , is this legal? I was told other wise by court that a person must be served in person. I always have my ex-wife served through sheriff dept.

A: David's Answer: Generally you must be served personally with a petition, unless ordered otherwise by the Judge. Thus, you can always check with the clerk's office as to whether the Judge authorized mail service. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions