High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How Do I Keep Him Away When My Child Is Around Her?

| Feb 19, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I need alittle information about my current situation. In our divorce documents there is a stipulation stating neither person can introduce our child to a significant other without first consulting the other parent. My ex spouse is bringing around her boyfriend who has DWI and other criminal infractions. normally this would not bother me if he was a stable. Unfortunately they have a volitale on again off again relationship and she even allows the 3 to have sleep overs in the same bed. She herself during there last on again was arrested for endangering the welfare of my child and is in pending court regarding that. Between his criminal history and there in and out unstable relationship I would like to know what options I have to stop my child from seeing him completely as I do fear a repeat of her endangering my child and his criminal past.

A: David’s Answer: First, send your ex a communication stating your concerns & ask her to cease bringing the child around this person. If your ex declines to do so, or simply doesn’t reply, your next step would be to file an enforcement petition with the Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney

FindLaw Network