Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How Do I Keep Him Away When My Child Is Around Her?

Q: I need alittle information about my current situation. In our divorce documents there is a stipulation stating neither person can introduce our child to a significant other without first consulting the other parent. My ex spouse is bringing around her boyfriend who has DWI and other criminal infractions. normally this would not bother me if he was a stable. Unfortunately they have a volitale on again off again relationship and she even allows the 3 to have sleep overs in the same bed. She herself during there last on again was arrested for endangering the welfare of my child and is in pending court regarding that. Between his criminal history and there in and out unstable relationship I would like to know what options I have to stop my child from seeing him completely as I do fear a repeat of her endangering my child and his criminal past.

A: David's Answer: First, send your ex a communication stating your concerns & ask her to cease bringing the child around this person. If your ex declines to do so, or simply doesn't reply, your next step would be to file an enforcement petition with the Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions