Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Are we required to go to court or is the signed agreement enough? Is it possible to file the agreement with the court ourselves?

Q: Good morning,
I am currently in the divorce process and my wife and I have come to a settlement agreement on our own. The agreement has been signed by both parties and was sent to our attorney's to finalize the divorce.

A: David's Answer: Generally if you have retained attorneys, then the attorneys should handle all the court filings. Thus, contact your attorney to verify the status of the case. Call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a 2d opinion

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions