Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

When do i file a plaintiffs affidavit to my divorce case i filed

Q: when do i file the plaintiffs affidavit to the divorce case i filed. does it have to be filed with the verified complaint of can i file it later?

2) if i don't file it with the complaint can the other side dismiss my complaint as not stating an action with the proof in the affidavit?

3) i filed a third party affidavit and wife is trying to strike the affidavit as hearsay. What are the chances someone with personal knowledge and the affidavit will be stricken?

A: David's Answer: You would only be submitting a plaintiff's affidavit in an uncontested divorce. If your wife filed a motion to strike the third-party affidavit, then it's no longer an uncontested divorce - anticipate the Judge/Referee to schedule a court conference soon. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions