Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What do I need to do to get a judge to rule to finalize my divorce and get financial help in paying legal and home relocation co

Q: Filed for uncontested divorce in 2012. Husband moved out, has not paid house taxes or mortgage, house going into foreclosure. I reside in house (husb still has access). Husb (retired w/pension) blocking settlement. Finally, had my lawyer schedule and had one Judicial intervention 2015. husb and his new lawyer unavailable for 2 new intervention dates; husband out of town; lawyer other case. Settlement sticking points same as in beginning. Husb totally uncooperative.

A: David's Answer: You could have your attorney file an order to show cause seeking interim relief. You may be able to argue the Judge should order him, on an interim basis, to contribute towards the mortgage and/or pay you alimony (i.e., maintenance). Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions