Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What do I do if I have no court papers but my ex is stating we have a court date this month, and how much notice must he give me

Q: My daughters father is saying we have a court date this month (January) for joint custody but he hasn't served me with any papers, he isn't listed on the birth certificate and he does almost nothing for my daughter (pampers here and there mostly), I don't want to miss this court date.

A: David's Answer: If you both live in the Bronx, you can always goto Bronx Family Court with photo ID & they can lookup the case for you. If you sign a consent to service, they can also give you the papers he filed. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions