Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I dont have funds to pay my ex wife per our agreement. What are the implications of that? What do I do prospectively?

Q: I'm divorced two years through a collaborative settlement process. I was unemployed during negotiations and agreed to a reasonable amount of expected salary in determining monthly alimony and support.

After two years, I have actively applied to literally over a thousand positions to no avail. I have exhausted all assets to my name and now can't afford to pay any alimony or child support. The only asset I have is stock from a prior employer to which my ex owns 50%. The stock will be monetized only when the company is sold which is likely a few years away.

I'm hopeful Ill get a job soon but it will likely be at a lower level. My ex wants her monthly money now. What do I do now and what can I expect ?

A: David's Answer: If you need to modify the divorce settlement, it's best you file an order to show cause sooner rather than later. Be prepared to document all the attempts you've made to secure commensurate employment. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions