High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I avoid paying transcript fees that the judge order in a divorce trail.. Im in debt and i am barely able to cover my exp

Q: I was order from the judge to pay for 75% of the transcript reporter fees in a divorce proceeding.
I am a pro-se and cannot afford a attorney. I am over my head with debt. I wanted to mediate this case from the beginning of this action. Is there a recorded electronically device (FTR) that could have been order from the judge as well .. here in NYC. what are the necessary documents that i need to submit as evidence to convince the judge that i cannot afford to pay for the transcript .. I don’t need or want a copy of the transcript . Please Help,

A: David’s Answer: You’d need to submit a motion to renew/reargue the transcription order. You’d need to submit all evidence of your inability to pay, including debt payments, net worth statement and proof of income. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info. — David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net.)

FindLaw Network