Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I avoid paying transcript fees that the judge order in a divorce trail.. Im in debt and i am barely able to cover my exp

Q: I was order from the judge to pay for 75% of the transcript reporter fees in a divorce proceeding.
I am a pro-se and cannot afford a attorney. I am over my head with debt. I wanted to mediate this case from the beginning of this action. Is there a recorded electronically device (FTR) that could have been order from the judge as well .. here in NYC. what are the necessary documents that i need to submit as evidence to convince the judge that i cannot afford to pay for the transcript .. I don't need or want a copy of the transcript . Please Help,

A: David's Answer: You'd need to submit a motion to renew/reargue the transcription order. You'd need to submit all evidence of your inability to pay, including debt payments, net worth statement and proof of income. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions