Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Ex is looking for an increase in CS. Will the judge grant it?

Q: Ex is looking for an increase in CS due to an "increase in living expenses" on her end. It's my understanding that only if my income increases more than 15% from the last order that a modification can be made. I've only had about a 7% increase. Will the judge order a new amount to be paid based on my current income?

What burden of proof does she need to make?

A: David's Answer: If the original order post-dates October, 2010, or a modified order contains the new modification notice, then there's 3 grounds upon which child support may be modified: (a) 3 years has passed since the last order, (b) 15% change of income, or (c) substantial change of circumstances. If the only thing she's alleged is an "increase in living expenses" but no other ground, then consider filing a motion to dismiss. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions