Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I Have To Keep Paying My Ex Child Support Until My Support Court Date In Late March, Even Though The Child Is Living With Me?

Q: I have a case in family court where I've been given temporary custody due to a TOP as of late December. Our daughter has no intentions of going back to my ex due to physical abuse, but I know it's a process to switch child support. In fact, I now have a date for support court in late March. Do I have to keep paying my ex child support until late March, and if I do, can I then get it back as well as receiving back child support for those months?

A: David's Answer: Unless the Court suspends the order, you technically still need to abide by it. Your alternative is to file an order to show cause & request that the magistrate suspend the support order. Schedule a consult with a Westchester family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions