High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I take any sort of legal action against her for breaking our verbal agreement? Thanks

| Jan 8, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: Hi me and the mother of my child have had a verbal agreement for the past 4 years of alternating who gets to claim our daughter on our taxes. Now she is trying to stop me from doing so without good reason. I have my own place and tax paying job, both which she does not.

A: David’s Answer: You can’t enforce a verbal contract like this, but you could file a support modification petition & ask that the magistrate consider ordering that you get the deduction in alternate years. If you are very involved with the child & are paying significant support, the Magistrate would be more likely to set that up. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge