Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I take any sort of legal action against her for breaking our verbal agreement? Thanks

Q: Hi me and the mother of my child have had a verbal agreement for the past 4 years of alternating who gets to claim our daughter on our taxes. Now she is trying to stop me from doing so without good reason. I have my own place and tax paying job, both which she does not.

A: David's Answer: You can't enforce a verbal contract like this, but you could file a support modification petition & ask that the magistrate consider ordering that you get the deduction in alternate years. If you are very involved with the child & are paying significant support, the Magistrate would be more likely to set that up. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions