High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Are there any issues or things that need to be addressed if I send the paperwork to the judge?

Q: My lawyer never filed the QDRO that was prepared by the pension consultant with the judge for signature.

A: David’s Answer: If that case is closed at this point, you may need to file an order to show cause so as to “re-activate” the case – i.e., restore it to the Judge’s active calendar so s/he will act upon your submission. You would also need to present a letter from the plan (which the pension consultant should have) qualifying the DRO. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info. — David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net.)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge