Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Are there any issues or things that need to be addressed if I send the paperwork to the judge?

Q: My lawyer never filed the QDRO that was prepared by the pension consultant with the judge for signature.

A: David's Answer: If that case is closed at this point, you may need to file an order to show cause so as to "re-activate" the case - i.e., restore it to the Judge's active calendar so s/he will act upon your submission. You would also need to present a letter from the plan (which the pension consultant should have) qualifying the DRO. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions