Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What will happen legally with child support if ex-husband decides to take a leave of absence from his job.

Q: No child support because father has taken a leave of absence from his job. Without the child support i receive for our 2 children i will not be able to continue to pay the mortgage. Will the court have him continue payments. He has stated he will pay back whatever wasn't paid once he "regains his bearings" but i have no faith that promise will be kept.

A: David's Answer: Unless he went out on "Doctor's orders" & thus its a medical leave, then he will have violated the order. My suggestion is to file a violation petition & at the least get a money judgment which will accrue 9% interest on whatever arrears he accrues. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney,(

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions