High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What Should I Do?

| Dec 5, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: My ex wife has an order of protection against me on frivolous grounds. Recently she filed another petition for violation of protection order stating that I called her at her workplace. Her address is confidential and I do not know anything about her workplace. I honored the order of protection and never called her on her mobile nor on any numbers that I know that are hers. In any case, she is trying to use order of protection and violation petitions to arm twist me asking me to give up my child custody petition which is also in the court stating that she will withdraw order of protection and violation cases if I withdraw child custody petition.

A:David’s Answer: It sounds as though you’ll need to make a choice – aggressively fight back (which usually means spending a lot of time & money), or seek a compromise. If a settlement isn’t in the offing, then you should hire an experienced Family Law attorney to help you fight the case. Call a White Plains Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network