High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My spouse and I are separating, and we are on a car loan together, it is only 3 months old how do I remove myself from this?

| Dec 5, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: Any legal documents that can be signed between us that would holdup? He is unable to refinance at this early stage and he doesn’t have a very good credit rating at the moment.

A: David’s Answer: If he cannot get a guarantor for the loan so as to put it into his name, then you’d need a separation agreement or stipulation of settlement done (the latter done in the context of a divorce) which specifies that he will make all the payments on the loan & indemnify you as to any default. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. — David Blevin, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network