Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My spouse and I are separating, and we are on a car loan together, it is only 3 months old how do I remove myself from this?

Q: Any legal documents that can be signed between us that would holdup? He is unable to refinance at this early stage and he doesn't have a very good credit rating at the moment.

A: David's Answer: If he cannot get a guarantor for the loan so as to put it into his name, then you'd need a separation agreement or stipulation of settlement done (the latter done in the context of a divorce) which specifies that he will make all the payments on the loan & indemnify you as to any default. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. -- David Blevin, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions