Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My daughter would like to go into a sober living home due to her struggles and wants her son to remain with me. Possible?

Q: My daughter and grandson has lived with me all their life. There is joint custody with physical custody with my daughter. The court has known of my daughters battle with drug addiction from the start. The father of my grandchild has visitation every other weekend and two evenings per week although he only sees him every other weekend by his choice. Also, I, the grandparent have a legal visitation of every other Saturday as it stands right now.

A: David's Answer: It certainly sounds possible (assuming your grandson is below 18 years of age). If you have "visitation" but the child actually resides in your household (& has for more than 2 years), then the standard is merely the "best interests of the child." Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions