Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Is There A Legalese Way To Describe Responding To A Combative Tone With The Same? In A Certification That Is.

Q: My attorney is making a motion to modify a consent order. My spouse's response to my certification contained several unrelated, damaging, and falsehood designed to make me look bad to the court. My reply tried to correct the lies, clarify the situation and also took every opportunity to inform the court of who they were dealing with.
Is there a legalese term for fighting fire with fire?

A: David's Answer: Other than "rebutting" what was alleged, as well as setting forth why it's irrelevant, no. That said, hopefully your attorney will let you know it's relatively difficult to modify a consent order (especially if it was recently done). For a 2d opinion, call a White Plains Family Law attorney to schedule a consult.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions