Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How does my parents get back monies from my ex husband?

Q: We borrowed money from my parents to buy property and promised to pay back on demand. We are now divorced. How does my parents recoup the monies?

A: David's Answer: If it was not made part of your divorce settlement, then your parents would need to sue him directly. However, if they have no evidence distinguishing the money as a loan versus a gift, they may have a tough case. - David Bliven, Westchester Divorce.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions