High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do you get the amount due for child support modified?

| Dec 5, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: My friend’s ex husband has custody of her kids and she pays child support. She hasn’t been able to pay the child support in almost two years. When the amount was determined she was making a lot more money than she is now. Her ex and kids live in a different county than she does. How would she get this process going?

A: David’s Answer: She should file a petition for downward modification in family Court as soon as possible. generally venue is best situated in the county where the children reside, unless she still lives in the same county which issued the original support order. Have her schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney,(www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network