Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do I ensure that my spouse can't claim to have any rights to the house I'm b or its equity during filing and actual divorce?

Q: I'm married with kids but seperated. She has sole custody and sending me through the ringer in family court. I want to buy a house but don't want my spouse to have any claims to the house or its assets now nor when the divorce is finalized.

A: David's Answer: The best way is to file for divorce asap & get her served - well in advance if going ahead with the purchase. technically, if you use marital funds (i.e., money earned during marriage up to commencement of divorce case) for the down payment, she may be able to claim some of that money back. Call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions