Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I expedite my divorce in the Bronx? Which reasons will they consider? If it cannot be expedited, can I file elsewhere?

Q: I am currently applying for a divorce from my wife. She has already been served, and the papers will be sent to the court after 40 days waiting period (2 weeks from now). I'm finding out that the divorce process in the Bronx for an uncontested divorce with no kids/property is 6 months to a year. However, I am not willing to wait that long. I was planning to marry my current girlfriend on April 12, 2016. Is there a way to have the divorce expedited in time so we can marry. Also, is it lawful to file in a different county since I live in the Bronx?

A: David's Answer: If you have a wedding date set & invites sent, you can file an order to show cause to request an expedited judgment signature. Bear in mind it's a lot more costly to go that route. Moreover, if you file in the wrong venue, there's the chance the court would transfer it back to the Bronx. Call a Bronx Divorce attorney for more info. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions