Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Does non-biological grandparent have legal rights or visitation?

Q: My son's non-biological- non blood related Grandmother has recently finished rehab and wants to see my son. Prior to being mandated by her employer, she called in a case to Child Protective Services, which was investigated and is now a closed case as the allegations were determined to be unfounded. I have sent her a letter of intent in which I informed her that I do not want any contact with her. She has brought up that she will file for grnadparents rights in Family Court. I would just want supervised visitation. Does she have a leg to stand on?

A:David's Answer: Preliminarily, if she's the mother of either the child's father or mother, then she would be biologically-related to the child. That said, there's certainly a couple of factors in your favor that the Judge would consider - at the least the Judge may order some supervised visits to begin with pending a full trial. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions