Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Does my child support or maintenance obligation become reduced after she gets paid more money in the higher paying job?

Q: my ex wife got a higher paying job after the divorce agreement

A: David's Answer: In terms of the maintenance, it depends on the modification language in your agreement (i.e., does it provide for modification based upon a "substantial change of circumstances"?). So long as the agreement/judgment was done after October, 2010, then child support is modifiable if 3 years has passed since the order was set, either have had a 15% change of income or otherwise had a substantial change of financial circumstances. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney,(

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions