Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Divorce and children involved not sure what question to ask

Q: My husband and I have always had a rocky relationship 2 yrs ago we moved to NJ to save up for a better life in the south. Eventually things took a toll for the worst. Mychildren and I came to the Bronx with my mom and he went to Queens with his sister. I don't want my children in the city (ages 1, 5, and 8). I have now decided to move to NC with my father being it offers better accommodations, people and education for myself and children. My father has already paid for our tickets which are scheduled for departure early December 2015. My husband is infuriated! I've been letting him take the kids to his sisters house every weekend since my mother threw him out but he insists on threatening to take me to court as he feels I am keeping him from his kids if I leave NY! HOW SHOULD I RESPOND?

A: David's Answer:  If your Husband does not expressly consent, then you need court permission to move. Bear in mind this process takes several months, so you probably won't be able to move by next month. You can either file a divorce case & handle the issue there, or file a custody/relocation case in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions