Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can you back out of a uncontested divorce?

Q: Papers were initially signed off to have a uncontested divorce but the rep. at the court told us we can change our mind if the other spouse is not willing to go forward with it because there is a issue he or she is contesting.
How easy or hard is it to get out of a uncontested divorce even if you signed some paper work prematurely to get the ball rolling? If you have it in family or criminal court does it make a difference?

A: David's Answer: Preliminarily, neither Family Court nor criminal court handles divorce cases. That said, it depends on how filed the case & what "paperwork" was signed. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.    -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions