Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my father marry someone?

Q: Hello, my question is for my father who separated more than 10 years ago after married about 8 years with my Mom. He tried to divorce couple of times but failed at first couple of years of separation. They left each other and no more contact for many years.

Have they in fact divorced? I have lived with my father since I was a little, and now I am leaving my father to go to college and I think he is getting old, and better to have someone marry him. What should he do? What should I do?

A: David's Answer: The only way to get divorced is to file for divorce & receive a divorce judgment signed by a Judge. If he didn't get a judgment, then he can't get re-married. He'll need to file for divorce & hire a P.I. to track down his wife. Have him call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions