Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my bf take my daughter away considering I have no job, she is in my care? Can I leave for the holidays will return?

Q: I am not trying to take her from him, but his life style is a concern for me and we can't come to an agreement, so he currently filed a petition for custody at the ny family courts. We haven't stood in front of a judge or have a court date yet. He is a career felon on parole for 5 yrs. Can I take her to be with my family for the holidays and return? He knows about it and given me verbal ok, but now he has done this.
Also, I am currently unemployed and a stay at home mom. She lives with me and is in my care. I plan on moving back to my hometown 630 miles away soon.

A: David's Answer: First, if the child's in your de facto custody & there are no orders to the contrary, then you can travel with the child. If he's consented anyway, then just send him an e-mail confirming he agreed. If you are planning to relocate, then you'd need to file your own petition for custody & permission to relocate. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions