Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I travel outside of the USA while having a family court case open in court? Do I have to notify acs about my trip?

Q: I have a family court case open. I'm being charged with child abuse and sexual abuse of my son. Both of my children were removed. My daughter has been returned home since she is 12 and requested to be home. My son on the other hand who has behavioral issues is still in foster care and does not wish to have visitations with me.

A: David's Answer: You should at the least inform ACS of the trip, especially if you plan to travel with the child. If they approve the trip, get written confirmation of their approval (or alternatively write a letter to them confirming the conversation in which they gave their approval). If they do not expressly approve the trip, you should get the permission to travel form the Judge. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions