Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I have my ex-wife arrested for coming to my home without me being there?

Q: I have two teenage kids with my ex-wife. We have shared custody. They're with me on certain days and the other days with her. She had the audacity to come to my home without permission on a day the kids are with me. My kids let her in. Neither me or my current wife were home. We were running errands. What can be done about this?! We were furious, especially my wife. It felt like such a violation! Is it considered trespassing?

A: David's Answer: If you are sharing custody (& thus presumably have joint custody as well), then it may be better to simply send a "cease-and-desist" letter to you, and explain you do not wish for her to go into your house when you are not there without your permission. Calling the police may lead her to file a modification case & ask for joint custody to be revoked. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions