Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I go for modification of child support? Will that be beneficial for me?

Q: The combined salary of me and my ex wife is more than 141,000. Child custody has not yet been decided but she has temporary custody of the child, I am paying her child support in excess of $1400 per month + child's day care 60% of monthly expenses (approx $ 900 per month) + Health Insurance for the child. If I earn about 100 k and she earns about 80 k then how will the child support be calculated in case I go for modification.
At the time of child support case, she was not working and later she started working.

A: David's Answer: That depends - when was the child support last set? If it was just recently set (or within the last 3 years), then you'd generally need to satisfy a standard of "substantial change of circumstances." If she's had a change of income of more than 15%, then you would presumptively appear to satisfy that standard. You should schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions