Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I get arrested if I had talk to someone I have an order of protection against

Q: I have a problem where I had placed an order of protection against my ex. I at one point stopped taking my anti depressants and felt really lonley because I have bad depression and I had texted the defenent a few times before I called the police fopr violation. He contacted me first and all the other times. Will I serve jail time and all that because I made that mistake? I'm taking meds as prescribe and my depression is better.

A:David's Answer: If the order was a "no contact" order, then you did violate it by contacting him. As to whether you'll face actual jail time may depend on an assessment of the history of your case (& what the underlying charges are). Call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney to schedule a consult. - David Bliven, Bronx Domestic Violence Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions