Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a Judgment be enforced against SSDI benefits for child support

Q: Non-custodial parent awarded SSDI benefits, retro from 12/2012. Can my Money Judgment issued by the Family Support Court be entered against this SSD Award, being paid lump-sum to the beneficiary, towards the child support that is in the arrears?

A: David's Answer: Yes, you should be able to enforce it, but if they disperse the funds before you serve your judgment/execution on Social Security, then you may need to get it from him. If so, then you'd need to do an information subpoena/restraining notice - which can be issued by SCU or an attorney. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions