Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Business Visitor wants Divorce in New York, possible?

Q: We both (husband & wife) are Citizen of Bangladesh, we came here at last year (at October 14, 2014) under B1B2 (Business Tourism) and applied for L1A Visa which status is pending/ on process.
We don't have yet our Social Security Number or Driving License here in USA.
We don't have any kid and we both are willingly want divorce. We don't have any asset in USA. We got married at January 04, 2002 in Bangladesh. Any marriage document don't have with us now.
How could we get permission for divorce and how long it takes?

A:David's Answer: As long as you satisfy NY's residency requirements (that you both have resided in NY for 1+ years), then you should be able to get a divorce year. The lack of a social security number or driver's license doesn't prohibit same. Call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions