High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My husband owes almost 3 thousand in child support how much time will he have to serve?

| Nov 13, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: My husband has court at 9:30 in the morning his bail is set at 1000 dollars is it possible he will get released or how much time could he possibly serve?

A: David’s Answer: Assuming your case involves a petition for violation of child support, then upon a willful finding of the violation, your husband could serve up to 6 months in jail. Often times, the Judge factors in the overall amount of the arrears, whether he’s made at least some good faith payments as well as whether it’s the 1st violation or there’s been many violations. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network