Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My husband owes almost 3 thousand in child support how much time will he have to serve?

Q: My husband has court at 9:30 in the morning his bail is set at 1000 dollars is it possible he will get released or how much time could he possibly serve?

A: David's Answer: Assuming your case involves a petition for violation of child support, then upon a willful finding of the violation, your husband could serve up to 6 months in jail. Often times, the Judge factors in the overall amount of the arrears, whether he's made at least some good faith payments as well as whether it's the 1st violation or there's been many violations. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions