Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Is the noncustodial parent required to bring their W2 form to court for childsupport? If not,can the custodial parent request it

Q: My daughters father never brings his W-2 to court, he brings his pay stubs. The problem is that he makes arrangements with his job to have them pay him half of his pay off the books. He does this when he receives notice from the court for childsupport. So on the court day it appears that he doesnt make any money. I know of this because his wife who is now separated from him told me.

A: David's Answer: Yes, he is supposed to bring all his mandatory disclosure with him, including the W-2 and financial disclosure affidavit. That said, off-the-books income would not generally be reflected on the W-2 either - you may need to subpoena the employer's records. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. -David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions