Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

In A No Fault Or Uncontested Divorce What Can A Spouse Collect Money On?

Q: If one spouse does not truthfully show his earnings can I bring that before the judge? If the person has annuity money left from a dead family member can the other spouse collect on this? What if there is a accident during a marriage and the spouse was able to collect money (whether the child has the accident or the parent) can the other spouse collect on this? Can a spouse be awarded any monies on a uncontested or no fault divorce?

A:David's Answer: Generally inheritance and personal injury settlements are one's separate property. There are several exceptions to this, however, such as if the assets are co-mingled. That said, certainly assets can be distributed even on an uncontested. Schedule a consult with a NYC Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions