High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I’m Getting A Divorce. My Question Is Do I Just Need To Fill Out Uncontested Papers At This Point And File?

| Nov 13, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: The only issues are child support and visitation which are being settled by the courts. Once those issues are settled I just need to file uncontested papers? Correct?

A:David’s Answer: If you resolve the issues of custody, visitation & child support – and there are no issues of asset/debt distribution, alimony or any other issue to be resolve – then yes, you can just fill out the uncontested divorce packet. As you may not be aware of what other issues may be at stake, you’re always best advised to sit down with a lawyer & have your case reviewed. Once you submit the packet & the judgment’s been signed, there’s usually no going back. Call a NYC Uncontested Divorce attorney to schedule a consult.

FindLaw Network