Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I'm Getting A Divorce. My Question Is Do I Just Need To Fill Out Uncontested Papers At This Point And File?

Q: The only issues are child support and visitation which are being settled by the courts. Once those issues are settled I just need to file uncontested papers? Correct?

A:David's Answer: If you resolve the issues of custody, visitation & child support - and there are no issues of asset/debt distribution, alimony or any other issue to be resolve - then yes, you can just fill out the uncontested divorce packet. As you may not be aware of what other issues may be at stake, you're always best advised to sit down with a lawyer & have your case reviewed. Once you submit the packet & the judgment's been signed, there's usually no going back. Call a NYC Uncontested Divorce attorney to schedule a consult.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions