High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I Left My Husband And Took My Two Young Children With Me To Relocate Temporarily To My Fathers House. The Marriage Has Been

| Nov 13, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: on the rocks and he has been a non contributor financially, emotionally and as a parent. It has escalated to physical (although I am not injured), and he has damaged my clothing, took some of my jewelry, ect. I need to know what course of action I should take. I am reluctant to get the PD and/or CPS involved, but do want to protect myself and my children, until I can determine if I am going to seek a divorce. Am I doing anything that can hurt me legally?

A: David’s Answer: If you’re not ready to file for divorce, you should strongly consider filing petitions for custody & support in Family Court. Moreover, if the abuse was relatively recent (as is strongly implied by your posting), you should consider filing for an order of protection as well. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network