Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I Left My Husband And Took My Two Young Children With Me To Relocate Temporarily To My Fathers House. The Marriage Has Been

Q: on the rocks and he has been a non contributor financially, emotionally and as a parent. It has escalated to physical (although I am not injured), and he has damaged my clothing, took some of my jewelry, ect. I need to know what course of action I should take. I am reluctant to get the PD and/or CPS involved, but do want to protect myself and my children, until I can determine if I am going to seek a divorce. Am I doing anything that can hurt me legally?

A: David's Answer: If you're not ready to file for divorce, you should strongly consider filing petitions for custody & support in Family Court. Moreover, if the abuse was relatively recent (as is strongly implied by your posting), you should consider filing for an order of protection as well. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions