High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How Do I Get Child Support From A Green Card Holder Of The Usa If I Am Living In Jamaica?

| Nov 30, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: The father of my child migrated from Jamaica last year Oct and got married to a US citizen. He refuses to take care of his child. What can i do from here? At times i don’t feel like reaching out to him because he doesn’t even try but it is really hard at times being a single mom and paying all the bills.

A: David’s Answer: If he resides in NY, then you can file a child support proceeding against him here. You may either retain an attorney to do it for you (& then file an application to appear in court via phone on your court date), or you may get the forms & instructions off the NY Courts website. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network