Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How Do I Get Child Support From A Green Card Holder Of The Usa If I Am Living In Jamaica?

Q: The father of my child migrated from Jamaica last year Oct and got married to a US citizen. He refuses to take care of his child. What can i do from here? At times i don't feel like reaching out to him because he doesn't even try but it is really hard at times being a single mom and paying all the bills.

A: David's Answer: If he resides in NY, then you can file a child support proceeding against him here. You may either retain an attorney to do it for you (& then file an application to appear in court via phone on your court date), or you may get the forms & instructions off the NY Courts website. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions