High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I legally set restrictions to my parents involvement in the lives of my 3 children?

Q: I was sexually abused by my step-father 20 years ago. I disclosed the abuse to my mother 6 months after the abuse started and nothing was done. My step-father stayed in our lives. I was never abused again but my step father has never sought therapy or given any reason to believe that the abuse stopped for any reason other than that he was caught. now after 20 years and 2 year of continuous therapy, I have come to realize the extent of emotional damage caused by the abuse and lack of any type of justice.I am fully aware of the statute of limitations and am only seeking to protect my 3 children. Their father is compliant to some extent but has lied to me about visits my children made to my mother and step-father in an effort to pacify my mother & step fathers need to see them.

A: David’s Answer: Unless there are court orders of visitation, then any access provided between your children & your parents is completely up to you. As such, you may dictate how, when & where those visits take place. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody Attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network